Go Carbon Neutral with UPERFECT
The Defining Issue of our Time
Being human means releasing planet-warming carbon emissions into the atmosphere. It happens when we take a shower, charge our phones, or let out a yawn after a long day. Just like humans release carbon pollution, so do businesses - and UPERFECT is no exception.
Everyday in the U.S. alone, e-commerce packages travel about the same distance as going to the moon and back ...133,000 times. Online shopping has transformed retail. Unfortunately, it’s also impacting the environment, and not for the better. Having an order conveniently delivered to your doorstep is a major contributor to climate change.
We’re on a Mission
As UPERFECT continues to grow, we have an increasing responsibility to commit additional resources toward our values in order to maximize the positive impact of our products. At UPERFECT, we have long held the conviction that we can be both a great business and a great corporate citizen. In fact, we believe we cannot be one without the other.
Corporate social responsibility is cemented in UPERFECT’s DNA because our people believe deeply in making the world a better place.
What UPERFECT is Doing
Starting today, we’re taking a stand and doing something about it.
We’re becoming one of the few e-commerce brands to offset 100% of our carbon emissions from shipping. This achievement is the result of an effort to measure our global footprint in accordance with international certification standards, coupled with efforts to reach carbon neutrality.
For every one of our amazing items that ships, we now balance it with a positive environmental impact thanks to our partner, EcoCart. The full environmental impact of getting your favorite UPERFECT products to your door is completely neutralized.
This initiative comes at no additional cost to our customers. It simply comes with the satisfaction of knowing that shopping at UPERFECT means making a positive impact on the planet.
So now you’ll know when a UPERFECT package arrives at your door, you’ll get something you love and you’ll be proud of the fact that you’re taking a small step towards making a big change in the world.
What does it mean to offset emissions?
It means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of shipping items at UPERFECT, we invest in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount. It’s almost like we’re giving the planet an IOU, then immediately paying it back.
How does it work?
Now, each time someone buys an item at UPERFECT, we will automatically purchase verified emissions reductions, more commonly known as “offsets” through our friends at EcoCart. These purchases support environmental projects, like wind and solar farms that create clean energy, or protecting trees that would otherwise be cut down so that they can continue to absorb carbon from the air. On top of it, we make sure that these projects are doing some extra good like protecting animals or supporting underserved communities.
Why is this important?
UPERFECT has always been conscious of our impact and actively worked to lighten our carbon footprint. We believe that if we all work together towards positive change, we can make the world a cleaner, healthier place.
What do you mean carbon neutral?
When we say we’ll be “carbon neutral” (“net zero” is another term you’ll hear), that means that we will eliminate, capture, or otherwise mitigate all of the carbon emissions we create from shipping our products to your door.
Will this come at a cost to me?
No, we’re picking up the tab on this one! It's simply another reason to shop with UPERFECT.
Just the Beginning
At UPERFECT, we are committed to slowing the effects of climate change, one order at a time.
Carbon offsets are a starting point—an immediate way to reduce our impact. Even though this is a moment to celebrate, we think that it’d be even better if we didn’t emit any carbon in the first place. To achieve this, we’re working to develop projects in our own supply chain that will reduce our emissions directly.
The Power of Us
Our work isn’t done for another important reason. No matter how much progress we continue to make on our own footprint, UPERFECT’s footprint is actually quite small. The effects of climate change are magnified far beyond UPERFECT itself.
The only way we can truly begin to reverse the effects of climate change are if everyone does their part.
What can you do?
- First, focus on the energy efficiency of your home. Efficiency is also the easiest way to save money. Program your thermostat. Check in with your own utility and see if they offer rebates on LED light bulbs, efficient appliances, upgraded insulation or other cost-effective upgrades like efficient water fixtures. Ask your utility if they offer a home energy audit.
- If you own a house, installing solar might make financial sense for you. In some cases, you can install solar with no upfront cost while lowering your energy bill each month. In a few areas, you can buy into a community solar array that isn’t even on your property. If solar doesn’t work for your house or you live in an apartment or condo, ask your utility company if they offer a residential green power program. Many do with simple, reasonable terms.
- Find brands with legitimate sustainability initiatives. Whether it’s with carbon neutral products, a sustainable supply chain, recycled materials, or eco-friendly packaging, we should all do our best to limit the carbon footprint of the products we buy.
- Challenge yourself to drive less and bike more. Riding your bike forces you to utilize your own muscle power. You’ll get a workout all while helping the environment. Plus, it requires much less energy to produce a bike than it does to manufacture a car. If you can’t bike to work for whatever reason, take public transportation. It puts less cars on the road, which reduces the amount of exhaust filling the air at once.
- Opt for reusable bottles, bags, and anything else that you usually use once then throw away. If that’s not an option, make sure to properly recycle any plastic, paper, glass or metal that comes into your life.
If we all do our part by changing our daily habits and making sustainable swaps, supporting companies that care about their impact on the Earth, and advocate for the future we deserve, we can effect real change in the world.
lascia un commento